Lorie's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

May 20, 11

Read in May, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

Quotes Lorie Liked

Julie Kagawa
“But ... but what if I hit you?”
A snort. “You’re not going to hit me.”
“How do you know?” I bristled at his amused tone. “I could hit you. Even master swordsmen make mistakes. I could get a lucky shot, or you might not see me coming. I don’t want to hurt you.”
He favored me with another patient look. “And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?”
“Um.” I glanced down at the saber in my hand. “Thirty seconds?”
He smiled, that calm, irritatingly confident smirk. “You’re not going to hit me.”

Julie Kagawa
“Looks like nobody’s home,” Puck said, turning in a slow circle. “Hellooooooooo? Anybody here?”

“Be quiet, Goodfellow,” Ash growled, peering into the shadows with narrowed eyes. “We’re not alone.”

“Yeah? How do you figure that, prince? I don’t see anyone.”

“The cait sith has disappeared.”

“ … Crap.”

Julie Kagawa
“Good idea,” Puck echoed from the back of the cave. “Why don’t you take first watch, prince? You could actually be doing something that doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork.”
Ash’s lips curled in a smirk. “I would think you’re better suited to the task, Goodfellow,” he said without turning around. “After all, that’s what you’re best at isn’t it? Watching?”
“Oh, keep it up, ice-boy. You’re gonna have to sleep sometime.”

Julie Kagawa
“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence."
-Ash”

Julie Kagawa
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”

Julie Kagawa
“Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit." - Ash”

Julie Kagawa
“Oh, look at that, he's heard of me. My fame grows.”

Julie Kagawa
“A little warning would’ve been nice. You couldn’t have said, ‘Hey, as part of your training today, I’m going to beat you senseless’?”

Julie Kagawa
“A soft noise, almost a sob. Ash rose, hesitated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. "I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise."

And then he was gone.”

Julie Kagawa
“It's not everyday I get to tell someone I was attacked by a pair of flying reading glasses. Ow"

-PUCK”

Julie Kagawa
“You enjoy making my heart stop, don't you?”

Julie Kagawa
“I was allergic to myself! How pathetic was that?”

Julie Kagawa
“He was my best friend, and I'd always have a spot for him in my heart, but... it was you, Ash. I didn't really have a choice. It's always been you.”

Julie Kagawa
“Well, don't worry about it too much, princess. Let ice-boy cool off for the night and then try to talk to him tomorrow. He wont stay angry with you too long, I bet. Ash isn't one to hold a grudge. ''
''What are you talking about? He's held a grudge against you for centuries!''
''Oh, right.”

Julie Kagawa
“Jealousy isn't something we deal with well, but some of us have been around long enough to know when to let go, and what is most important. The happiness of my two best friends should be more important than some ancient feud. - Puck”

Julie Kagawa
“My, aren't we bossy today. Give a girl an army and it goes straight to her head.”
tags: puck

Julie Kagawa
“Oh, goodie," Puck said as I stepped forward. "I'm going to have a rash in the most uncomfortable places.”

Julie Kagawa
“I glanced at Puck and smiled. "Are you going to stop me?"

He held up his hands. "Wouldn't dream of it.”

Julie Kagawa
“I have always loved you, princess," Robin Goodfellow promised, his green eyes shining in the darkness. "I always will. And I'll take whatever you can give me."
I looked down, unable to meet his open stare, human fears and self-consciousness coming to the surface. "Even if all I can offer is friendship? Will that still be enough?"
"Well, not really." Puck dropped his hand, his voice turning light and carefree again, more like the Puck I knew. "Damn not being able to lie. Princess, if you suddenly decide ice-boy is a first-class jerk and that you can't stand him, I'll always be here. But for now, I'll settle for being the best friend.”

Julie Kagawa
“Still dressed in matching butler suits with pink bow ties, the redcaps filed into the dining room, every one of them scowling at me. Ash's eyes widened and he quickly hid his mouth under his laced fingers, but I saw his shoulders shaking with silent laughter.
Luckily, the redcaps didn't notice.”

Julie Kagawa
“I learned that love can transcend race and time, and that it can be beautiful and perfect and worth fighting for but also fragile and heartbreaking, and sometimes sacrifice is necessary. That sometimes it's you against the world, and there are no easy answers. That you have to know when to hold on...and when to let go. And even if that love comes back, you could discover something in someone else who has been there all along.”

Julie Kagawa
“If I’m going to die, I’d rather die in battle than be hunted down like a rat.”