Tom Bazan's Reviews > To Own a Dragon: Reflections on Growing Up Without a Father

To Own a Dragon by Donald Miller

M 50x66
Aug 29, 10

bookshelves: christian
Read in January, 2010

What can I say? It is a Donald Miller book. If you like his books, you'll like this. If you don't, then you probably won't. He has a natural way of showing his life--complete with struggles, victories, embarrassing experiences. I've seen Miller lumped in with some emergent thinkers; I've talked with many who would prefer to keep him out of that group. Part of this reason is likely because when you get to the end of his books you don't really know where he stands on some things--some important things. But, this seems to be a book from his heart. He grew up without a father in his house; I didn't. This book would probably speak to a different person differently. But, the point that God is our father--regardless of whether we grew up with a dad or not--is an important one to make. While there are things I could quibble about, I'm not going to, because he makes some good points. And, if nothing else, I enjoy reading his books; they make me laugh. And think.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Own a Dragon.