Margaret Metz's Reviews > Surrender the Heart

3220021
Aug 16, 10

bookshelves: favorites
I own a copy

There are some authors that you return to over and over again because they consistently deliver stories that capture your imagination and their characters win over your heart and continue to live in your thoughts long after you close the back cover. There are some books that you look forward to as soon as you hear about them. The more details you get, the more you can't wait for the book to be released. This was one of those books for me. It didn't let me down either. :o)

From the very first sentence: "I would rather boil in oil than marry Noah Brenin." I was totally hooked. These characters went through a lot and I literally skipped meals in order to find out what was going to happen next. One of the things this author does the best is marry action into her stories. I feel like I'm reading what could be the next big movie. The other thing she did so well is make her characters real people. These are not cleaned up, cardboard, perfect cut-outs. They rebel, get angry, don't do what they're supposed to do ... feel real feelings and act like real human beings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender the Heart.