Jeff Carpenter's Reviews > A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity

A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity by Bill O'Reilly

Aug 17, 10

bookshelves: biography, political-science
Read from August 16 to 17, 2010

In this book, Bill attempts to define how his opinions, which can be strong, were formed; how his life experiences shaped his thinking, and how these things made "one of the most controversial human beings in the world". In this attempt he is successful, in my opinion, as I can identify with many of the life experiences, especially as a child, that he talks about.
He discusses in great detail his childhood, his school years, his early college years, and some of his early career, coming up through the ranks in tv, all over the country. This is a good read as Bill is a good writer and his writing is very entertaining and enlightening. Bill also discusses his interviews with President's and other powerful people, this kind of insight is interesting even if you are not fans of these people. It allows the average person to catch a glimpse of these people in a way that might not be normally seen. I would recommend this book, even if you are not a fan of O'Reilly. It gives insight into the man, and how his opinions and thinking were formed, allowing a better understanding of the person. It never hurts to understand people and where they come from, even if they are on a different side of an issue to you. I watch The Factor regularly and I have read most of O'Reilly's other books. I don't always agree with the man or the way he looks at an issue but I can usually understand why his opinion is the way it is, or I least I thought I could. After reading his latest book, I feel like I have been accurate more than not. Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity.