Annalisa's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

542037
Aug 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, romance, chick-lit, contemporary
Recommended to Annalisa by: Jillian -always aspiring-
Read from August 12 to 16, 2010

Surprisingly, I liked this book. I'm not a fan of chick lit, but this was well written and I could see much of myself in Macy's drive for perfection, minus the emotional baggage that pushes most people to be so anal retentive (I'm just weird). And as much as I couldn't stand her mother, I could see a lot of my own mother pulling me back when she knew I was about to graduate. I could see their relationship and Macy's duty to be the good daughter and the good student and the good girlfriend and do what everyone else expected of her, without her own real emotional attachment and motivation.

So I liked Macy and I liked the message of the book. The reason I gave the book three stars was that in the end, I was left unsatisfied. For as much as I waited around for that resolution, I wanted to see a little more of it. More of her reaction and her mother's reaction and where all this left them and, okay, so I wanted a little more action in the kissing department. After waiting for it for so long, I felt invested it in enough to want to see it. Is that so much to ask? But overall, it was a cute story with a great message about not being so uptight about planning your life and taking the disasters as they come as part of the fun.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Annalisa I liked enough that I'll give her another shot. The writing was good and the characters well fleshed out. I just have to space out my chick lit :).