Jennefer's Reviews > Seduction in Death

Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb

Aug 24, 10

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read from August 16 to 23, 2010

I am not sure I like the direction this series is going in. It seems to me that the last few books JD Robb has been giving to much info about the killer early on in the book. This one (and Betrayal in Death as well) you full on know the killers names exactly what they were doing and why right from the start! It kinda kills it when Eve starts putting things together because there is no "oh, is she on the right track? Is there going to be a twist?" etc... you know! You know when she has her thinking right and when she doesn't and it kinda ruined it for me in this book!!!! I think the only thing that kept me going was the drama/romance with Peabody and Mcnab and now that has been somewhat resolved in this book so I am not sure if I really want to go on.... I already have the next in the series from the library so I will give it a shot, but I am not holding high hopes and will not be afraid to give up on in mid book if it disappoints... my TBR is just to high to put up with a series that is getting on my nerves! We will see. This one was a big disappointment for me :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) I haven't read much (as in, any) in this genre, but knowing whether each step the detective takes is either smart or stupid would be frustrating, I'd imagine!

If the entire book is about a murderer (like The Meaning of Night) then I'd think knowing all the whys and wherefores up front would be interesting.

So what was this book essentially, if the mystery was given no tension? Just the mainstay characters messing around?

message 2: by Jennefer (last edited Aug 26, 2010 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jennefer Right, no mystery or tension! It is a mystery novel after all!!! Without that tension, then what? Very frustrating.... the others so far in the series have been better as far as that goes but the last 3 or so I have read have gotten worse and worse in this way. I had no reason to keep reading other than the drama with the characters (love interests and fights and such) which in this genre should be more of a side note or background story.

I guess how much you enjoy a book depends as much on what you expect from it as how well it is written. When I pick up a mystery novel I expect to be on the edge of my seat wondering who did it, why, thinking I have it figured out and then still being surprised!!! I guess if I was expecting a more chick-lit kind of book about relationships and drama and oh yeah there is this murder thing going on, I might have felt differently.

I just started Reunion in Death today, we will see how it goes.

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) Jennefer wrote: "I guess if I was expecting a more chick-lit kind of book about relationships and drama and oh yeah there is this murder thing going on...."

...you'd have read a Harlequin Intrigue :P