Sheila Beaumont's Reviews > Time Enough to Die

Time Enough to Die by Lillian Stewart Carl

I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery by Lillian Stewart Carl, an author who should be much better known than she is. I loved the mix of mystery, suspense, paranormal phenomena, myth and legend, and a bit of romance. I liked the way the characters were portrayed and the way the story was told, in the third person, from the points of view of the three main characters: Matilda Gray, an antiquities expert and parapsychologist; Gareth March, a skeptical detective from Scotland Yard who's investigating a murder; and the attractive, intelligent but naive, young student, Ashley Walraven.

I also liked the setting, an archaeological dig in an English town, the glimpses of the ancient past when Matilda sees and hears the ghosts of a Roman couple and their Celtic female servant, the mystery plot itself, which involves murder and antiquities theft, the diverse assortment of characters, and the exciting, satisfying resolution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Enough to Die.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Ooooh, this sounds like all the things I love... I've put it on my TBR list.

By the way, I just finished another paranormal historical mystery called "So cold the river" by Michael Koryta. I enjoyed it very much.

Sheila Beaumont I've heard good things about Michael Koryta's books. I'm going to put "So Cold the River" on my TBR list.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Great! That's what I love about Goodreads -- learning about good books from others, and sharing those I love.