Ami's Reviews > A to Z

A to Z by Marie Sexton

Aug 17, 10

bookshelves: mm-romance-or-erotica
Read in August, 2010

Zach, is the owner of A to Z video rental. He feels like his life has been floating aimlessly. He is 34-years-old, he is lonely, he has no idea about the movies that he rents. Then he meets his new landlord, Tom. Zach is immediately attracted to him -- even if after awhile, his heart telling him that Tom only uses him for sex. That is when one of his customers, Angelo, walks into his life, and changes it completely.

I loved "Promises" so much, I immediately jumped into this story after I finish. I don't mind the alternating POV. I never been bothered with the style (I never mind 1st person POV either). I like to know how both of them think.

I must admit, in the beginning, Zach is fucking clueless, it's so cute!!! He just can't keep up with Angelo. Then as the story progresses, things slightly change. I feel like he finally gets grip on his life, as his love for Angelo gives him purpose. Angelo, on the other hand, I feel despite his insight on people, he feels way younger than his 27-years-old. It's like he still has that guarded childish behavior, somehow, despite the hard life that he endures for the past decade. In fact, I can't imagine him being passed 22 years old *grin*. I like the fact that he has problem of being in a commitment, of letting people in his life getting close , but learns that being with Zach is different.

Love to see Matt and Jared again. LOVE to read the part where Ms. Sexton writes about different kind of love that each of these characters feel (contentment, amazed, reverent, and belonging). I must say that it's a good follow-up.

By the way, why does Geisha, the cat, seems to be disappearing in the middle of the story??
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A to Z.

08/17/2010
37.0% "Zach is so clueluess, it's f*cking cute!"