Soraia's Reviews > Born to Bite

Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands

Sep 03, 10

bookshelves: argeneau-rogue-hunter, reviews
Read from September 02 to 03, 2010

It was good. It was not extraordinary but not awful either. I love the Argeneau Series, love most characters and am always waiting for the next story to come. This time Lynsay Sands gave us the story of Armand Argeneau (Nicholas and Thomas' father). For those who follow the series it was expected since the previous novel was about Nicholas and ended with the need to go after his father to clear up problems of the past.

Armand has a very weird record of becoming a widower through bizarre accidents, that wouldn't be suspicious if all his wives weren't immortals and really hard to kill. So his brother, Lucian, sent one of his enforcers to investigate what really happened to the women. Eshe is an old enforcer, experienced and daughter of a legend among the vampires. She's also Armand's life-mate and because of that, even if he's not the one responsible for the deaths, she might as well hang a target sign over her neck.

The plot was predictable and my first suspect turned out to be the culprit. Sad if you compare me, an almost thirty-year-old human reader, to the older than dirty absurdly experienced vampire investigators in the story. I also felt the romance wasn't as charming or hot as it usually is. It was not bad, but I know Sands does it better, after all I'm not her fan out of the blue.

Armand is the least charming Argeneau so far, he's apathetic, a little slow to catch up on things and though he might hold the physical appeal all Argeneau's do, he didn't do it for me.

Eshe is nice, I like her view on things and the way she faces life but she's not as wild as we're led to think at first sight (at The Immortal Hunter). I felt her potential was not well explored, she's first described as a tough, strong female enforcer with bizarre hair and intimidating presence but in her story she's just a regular heroine. Nice personality, sexually bold and somewhat clever.

As I said, it was good and just that. Definitely not my favorite in the series. It did sate my need to see their universe, as a novella would, and I'm expecting Hungry for You, the next installment, to be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to Bite.