Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > The Professor's Secret Passion

The Professor's Secret Passion by M.L. Rhodes

Feb 04, 2011

bookshelves: amber-allure, bubbles-safe, contemporary, friends-or-enemies-to-lovers, m-m, school, teacher-student, working-together-in-some-capacity
Read from February 03 to 04, 2011

This was a cute, short story.

Nate's been in love with Professor Aidan Sheridan, his adviser, since he's become the man's teaching assistant two years ago. At the end of the term, Nate decides to make his feelings known especially since he thinks Aidan feels the same. While Aidan does have feelings for Nate, he doesn't like the idea of crossing the teacher/student line but after Nate gets a taste of the passion Aidan has, he'll do anything to convince Aidan that they could have something permanent and good together.

While the story is short, we still get enough background information about the characters to make them shallow but not hollow. Which satisfied me and made me like the characters. I liked Nate's determination not to let Aidan just brush off what they feel together and I liked how Aidan didn't want to have an intimate relationship because of what it could possibly do for Nate's future career.

There's not much to the plot besides Nate trying to convince Aidan that what they have is right and trying to get past Aidan's fears and past experiences but it was still enjoyable. However, while there aren't a lot of sex scenes, I thought the sex dragged on a bit to the point that I was getting a tad bored and wanted to skip a few pages.

All in all, it's a quick read and if you like M.L. Rhodes or are just looking for something to read that doesn't take much thought, you should pick this one up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Professor's Secret Passion.