Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Mann of My Dreams

Mann of My Dreams by Tinnean

Wow! What a ride! And a long one at that!

I absolutely loved this one. I got caught up in all the suspense and mystery and the suspicion from both characters in the beginning of their relationship.

Because this book is so long, it's obvious a lot happens during the novel. One of those things is seeing the multiply layers both Quinton Mann and Mark Vincent have. I found it fascinating the way they were portrayed from outsiders and secondary characters but then how they were so different with each other and then again when they both learned to trust each other unconditionally pealed back another layer to see who Mark and Quinn where deep down. They went from the Ice Man and the Sociopath to these two people who learned they have it in themselves to love someone so much it hurts to even think of something bad happening to the other. I fell in love with it because it was just so sweet how they changed and the way they handled one another *dreamy sigh* They may have started off as enemies but I have no doubt a lot of people wish in real life they had the type of love Quinn and Mark have. :-/

Like I said, there's a boat load of suspense and mystery. So much so it'd be hard to even mention it all because I'd most likely forget some of it. Let's just say there's everything from killing to meeting the family and everything in between in this one. Very, very entertaining.

Even though I did love it, I had a few problems with it. Like most readers, the repetitive scenes were a tad annoying and somewhat hard to get through in the beginning but during the second half of the book they weren't so bad because they didn't explain every little thing twice over like in the start of the book. Also, there was just a bit too much sex for my liking. It was hot as hell and I enjoyed it immensely! But, that still didn't stop me from thinking, "What? Again? Sheesh! You horny old dogs!" Lol

One thing I was disappointed wasn't addressed, though, was what people in the CIA and WBIS would have thought of if they found out Quinn and Mark were together? I would have liked to see how Quinn and Mark handled their employers finding out about their almost two year affair. Alas, no one knew besides Matheson and Mark handled that but we didn't actually see it so my thirst wasn't quenched on that topic. :-(

With that said, I wholeheartedly recommend this free read. It was a great book and even though it was long, it left me wanting more of Quinn and Mark and of the secondary characters as well...... And, um, would it be too much to ask for an HEA for Smitty and one for Max, too?! I'm looking forward to reading Matheson's and Theo's, though! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mann of My Dreams.

05/16/2011
05/17/2011
15.0% 8 comments
05/18/2011
40.0% "It's so cute how these two hardass government agents are softening cuz of love ^_^"
05/19/2011
51.0% "Aww I hope Smitty gets an hea!!! The poor guy :'-(" 11 comments
05/20/2011
70.0% "Is Quinn getting sick or something? He sure is tired more than usual!" 2 comments
05/20/2011
72.0% "Okay, now what the fuck is going on? Why does Quinn and Mark think everything that's happening is strange?!"
05/21/2011
89.0% "I love it how everyone thinks Mark killed Sperling when he had absolutely nothing to do with it besides being paranoid and putting explosives in his door. I laugh every time ^_^"
05/21/2011
92.0% "Omg!! Bryan and Tony!! OMG!! Now I want their story!"
100.0% "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alyosha What %? How are you liking Mann and Vincent?

Lori K This is really good. Was surprised at the murder tho.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* 15%. I'm liking it And I don't want to put it down but I'm a bit frustrated with the flashbacks. I can handle the whole redo in each pov thing but I hate flashbacks!! Lol. Btw they don't play cat and mouse the whole book do they? Cuz I'm gonna be mad if they do lmao

Oh God, what murder?!

Lori K No, the cat and mouse ends with a bang...:)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lori K wrote: "No, the cat and mouse ends with a bang...:)"

:O

I'm not sure what that means yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon! Lol

Alyosha Okay ladies, what %?

Hang in there Niky!

Lori K 63%-I'm in a section that seems to be mostly vignettes...

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Um, I think I'm at around 48%. Are you still reading, Aly? What part are you at if you are? I haven't talked to you in days!!!!! :'-(

Wyndslash hey, there's a sort of sequel on the author's website :)

Wyndslash here it is: http://crvboy.org/stories/tinnean/s00...

and about the reaction of the WBIS, i think Vincent did say that the WBIS didn't care who they fucked xD

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Oh, really?! I know he said that in the book but then he made a comment about how Quinn's CIA and he's WBIS so it's like the anti-Christ or something. Lol. But thanks! I'll have to check it out :D

Wyndslash Nikyta wrote: "Oh, really?! I know he said that in the book but then he made a comment about how Quinn's CIA and he's WBIS so it's like the anti-Christ or something. Lol. But thanks! I'll have to check it out :D"

yeah, he did :P

message 13: by Valentina (new) - added it

Valentina Heart You're all giving this positive reviews. I started reading it some months back and all that happened was the repetition only in different POV. It was annoying. Never did continue reading. There are flashbacks too?

Wyndslash Valentina wrote: "You're all giving this positive reviews. I started reading it some months back and all that happened was the repetition only in different POV. It was annoying. Never did continue reading. There are..."

oh, i really did enjoy the story :) i enjoyed the characterizations and that they were shown actually DOING their jobs!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Eh, honestly, I don't remember any flashbacks lol. Yeah, it's hard to get through the first half of the book because it's repetitive but after the first half it's mostly gone. It was really good, though, you should pick it back up

I liked that they were shown doing their jobs, too, instead of it just being said they were agents and completely ignoring them actually working lol