Jennifer's Reviews > She's So Dead to Us

Aug 16, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: read-teen-fiction, read-mysteries-and-thrillers
Read from August 16 to 21, 2010

Seriously, save youself the time and skip this.

Just to warn everyone up front with info I didn't have - clearly this is going to be some sort of series. It's not a stand-alone and there's absolutely no sense of conclusion or closure to this first volume. At the end, I just wanted to throw the book across the room.

Perhaps it's my fault for not "doing my research" and knowing this is a first volume in a series, but there is nothing anywhere on the book that indicates this.

Plus, I was so sick of Jake by the end, I wanted to punch him. He's a jerk. He thinks he's not - but he's a coward and a jerk. He can't do anything without approval from his friends. Even his big turn-around is pushed by a friend. He can't even do that on his own.

Ally is a good character, but because she likes Jake, I started to like her less and less.

Needless to say, I won't bother with the further series.

The writing isn't bad, but the story feels pointless. It's just not any fun - especially when you get absolutely no ending of any kind. The author didn't need to wrap all the loose ends - but some would be helpful.

Waste of my time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's So Dead to Us.

message 1: by Ash (new) - rated it 1 star

Ash i agree. i feel like im being really harsh, but its true.

message 2: by Suzy (new)

Suzy I read one of the reviews and thought to put this on my TBR list...after reading your review that change my mind. :)