Lily's Reviews > Finding Daddy

Finding Daddy by Louise Plummer

Aug 16, 10

bookshelves: books-i-gave-up-on
Recommended for: people who like disturbing books

In the beginning, I really liked and enjoyed this book. The first few chapters kept me hooked onto the book, but everything changed after i got midway through. Mira's life changes and she still doesn't make any connections: her dad that her mom and grandmother avoid talking about and the terrible things that are happening after Mira contacts him. At first, I was on Mira's side. I also wanted her to find her dad, and I wondered about the photo album her dad made (for her). After Mira made some very stupid decisions, I neither felt sorry for her or cared for her. Her mom, grandmom, best friend, and boyfriend all warn her about her dad (being a total stranger and all).

This book was very disturbing how her dog dies because someone basically buried it alive... and how she gave up on believing her mom and grandmom.

Maybe I expected too much of the book seeing how the summary was. Maybe I wasn't prepared well enough (if that even makes sense), but soon enough, I decided to put the book down and not read it anymore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Daddy.