Nina's Reviews > Carrie Pilby

Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner

Sep 12, 2010

Carrie Pilby has become officially one of my favourite books of 2010. I adored the character and the story kept me hooked to the pages from beginning till the end.

Carrie is a 19 year old teenager who is very intelligent. She doesn’t understands the world completely and in her eyes the world doesn’t completely understands her. She lives in an apartment in New York City, and daddy is paying everything for her. She got no motivation whatsoever to find a job and one of her favourite things to do is sleep. Even with this description that sounds like she is a total brat, I loved this character. She’s also very sarcastic, socially awkward, but just so cool.

Her therapist is another great character in this book. He felt like a honest man who wanted to help his friend daughter with her social skills. Even though she feels like she doesn’t really need him, I felt that without him she would be a lost puppy. I mean to whom could she talk too and tell all her weird thoughts.

The next best thing was that the writing flows easily and that a lot, well almost everything is relatable to everyday life. The problems that Carrie has are problems that not only a teenager but also an adult could have. And with the humor and the natural flow it does not feel like a heavy read.

And talk about cover love! I love this cover, it’s adorable and it truly stands out. I don’t think the girl is really Carrie, because she would never wear such a cute girly dress. But that’s not that important.

Carrie Pilby is a wonderful coming of age novel about a 19 year old girl who has to learn that being smart does not means your immediately are on top of the world. Carrie Pilby has everything I look for, great characters, originality and a plot that keeps you turning pages.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrie Pilby.

09/08/2010 page 255

Susan please join us here if you can! http://kck.st/13WxQ98 and please help us spread the word. thank you so much!