gert's Reviews > Born to Bite

Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands

Sep 01, 10

well, unlike most other reviewers, I was very disappointed in this book!

this felt like a short story, more then a full novel. so much was completely underdeveloped. for example,, our heroine, has six living children she birthed with the her first life mate of SIX HUNDRED WONDERFUL YEARS and yet we hear nothing about them, only of armand's three kids. (yes, this is HIS story, but she's his life mate, it's THEIR story). her previous life mate is mentioned briefly. big whoop.

the "mystery" of who has killed armand's previous wives is painfully clear, simply but process of elimination. (although sands attempts a 'twist' that feels very tacked on).

a pp has said that she had no trouble following the myriad of characters without having read the previous books. well, I did, and I've read them all! every name ever used in the previous books is brought up. every couple, including the whole sisters clan, is tumbled forth, sometimes only in name. It felt like filler to me.

all in, I found this to be super simplistic, somewhat boring, and not comparable to most of the other argeneau books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to Bite.