Hope's Reviews > Behemoth

Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

Sep 10, 2016

bookshelves: ya
Read in June, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Definitely one of Scott Westerfeld's best books! It is even better than it's predecessor, Leviathan. Behemoth is practically non-stop action and death defying risks. The characters are so unique and a lot of development occurs during the book, there are many times when Deryn almost gives away her secret, and one person even figures it out! Alek ends up telling Deryn his whole secret though, and an American reporter finds out too! Then there is Bovril, who is sooooooooooooo cute! I want him!
I laughed out loud so many times I can't even count, Westerfeld's books are filled with the kind of humor I love, unfortunately when I try to tell others they never get it because they don't know the whole story, it is still enjoyable to me however, and I go back and read it quite a few times.
And despite risking the chance of sounding petty, I can't wait for Deryn and Alek to get together, though things have been complicated a lot from this book, I am eager for it to happen in the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behemoth.

09/10/2016 marked as: read