Buffy B's Reviews > Invisible Monsters

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Jan 12, 08

Recommended to Buffy by: Tom from Vermont
Read in January, 2004

I have a theory about Chuck Palahniuk books.
If somebody is starting to read Chuck Palahniuk for the first time...the first book they read of his will always be their favorite. I have found that to be the case with many people.
I really enjoyed Invisible Monsters and it was the first Chuck Palahniuk book I read. It was such a new approach to writing that I had never seen before, and I found myself really engrossed and moved by the now-usual Palahniuk twisty ending. It was such a shocking book to me that I loved every page of it.
Of course, since, I have read Chuck Palahniuk books that I could consider to be better, but the initial shock of this book on me has kept it the one I've liked the most.
A lot of people I have talked to really don't like this book of Palahniuk's, but I think that is probably because they didn't read it first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible Monsters.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dianetto Totally true with several authors. Hornby for instance.

message 2: by ben (new)

ben holum I've noticed that seems to happen with music albums as well. The first album you hear by a band tends to be your favorite.

Zora I agree with your theory! Rant is my favorite and it's the first one I've read.