Diane Webber-thrush's Reviews > I See You Everywhere

I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

Aug 15, 10

Read in August, 2010

I was waiting for this to come out in paperback because I loved Julia Glass's Three Junes . . . and then when it did, I almost couldn't bring myself to buy the edition because of the totally creepy photograph of the two girls with their hair braided together. As a mother of identical twins, maybe I'm overly sensitive to ideas about two people being perceived as one but having read it now, the creepy picture doesn't fit the story anyway.
It is not about overly bonded sisters; it's about competitive, very different sisters who love each other despite a lot of ambivalence and physical distance between them.
I'm so glad I got past the bad cover. I think Glass is just such a wonderful writer about relationships, about families, about women, about art. I was struck how she really shows both sisters maturing over the course of the book . . . somehow without hitting you over the head with it. Subtle and wonderful. Even if she did have to go and break my heart before the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I See You Everywhere.