Win Itmama's Reviews > Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

Fearless by Max Lucado

Aug 15, 10

Read in August, 2010

“Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, or doubt, what would remain? Envision a day, just one day, where you could trust more and fear less.”

I’ve never read a Christian book, better yet ANY religious book, besides the Bible. So when I read the words “Religion/Christian Life” as the category for Fearless by Max Lucado… I must admit I was a bit hesitant. But why? What was I afraid of? Something about the words “Imagine Your Life Without Fear” and the photo of a boy leaping into a body of water, started hitting my curiosity button. I had no clue what I was in for – but I can say I felt really open to exploring. After reading Fearless I have a better outlook on what fear is, what it leads to and how to replace fear with faith. Everyday, we hold back in life because of fear. Fearing our children may get hurt playing outside or cancelling a flight in fear of crashing. Max Lucado explains how our everyday fears can lead to the worse if we allow them to eat us up. I’d highly recommend this book to everyone. It’s like splashing cold water on your face, truly a wakeup.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.