BoekenTrol's Reviews > De erfgename van de duivelsbijbel

De erfgename van de duivelsbijbel by Richard Dübell

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: bookcrossing, books-i-own, crime-thrillers-espionage, dutch_language, historical_fiction_or_non_fiction, 2012, off_mtbr_2012
Read from July 30 to August 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: once
BCID: 9713249

I just couldn't resist....

And now I've finished reading the trilogy. I'm quite sad I'm done, actually!

All characters from the earlier books arrive again in this last part. Cyprian & Agnes and their children, Andrej, Wenceslas, Sebastian Wilfing. And some new ones.
For me, all in all this was the best part of the trilogy. The story itself, the for-real descriptions of the characters, the story lines, descriptions of the battles and the unexpected end.

I finally got the hang of the story, all pieces fell together. If it hadn't been such a big book, I would have read it in one time.

The lesser parts of this book for me were that Samuel Brahe was so shortly mentioned, I would have liked to get to know him better and the development of Alexandra. We left her, when she and Wenceslas found each other (or we were to believe they did). What I missed in her development was the part between then and the start of this new book. Lots of things happened to her that were of significance for her development and somehow I miss that part in understanding her in this book.

I will certainly read all of them again: for me the historical parts need a second or maybe even a third time reading, before all lines fall into place. But I like that: I like the books :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read De erfgename van de duivelsbijbel.

08/01/2012 page 42
7.0% "So far it is a good sequel :-) Hope to enjoy it as much as as I did part one and two."
08/04/2012 page 139