Rose Lerner's Reviews > Last Night's Scandal

Last Night's Scandal by Loretta Chase

Oct 25, 13

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in July, 2010

Loretta Chase is my favorite romance author in the world and this book reminded me of why. Olivia and Lisle were both so appealing and wonderful and perfect for each other (Olivia was that rare and beautiful thing, a strong-willed impulsive heroine with occasionally poor judgement who still gets to be taken seriously as a smart, capable human being, and Lisle was the kind of geek who shares random factoids and makes them interesting by his interest in them), and the conflict was so brilliant I was almost afraid there was really no way for them. And then they overcame it by re-evaluating their ideas of themselves and each other, which is my very favorite romance trope in the world--a love that teaches you what you really want, that makes you the best YOU you can be by forcing you to re-examine yourself and your preconceptions! And Olivia almost made me like late 1820s fashion.

I bought this in the airport and read it during my flight, and it actually made me forget that I was uncomfortable and nauseous.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Night's Scandal.