Jessi's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Jul 14, 14

bookshelves: romance, 2012, appealing-characteristic-character, contemporary, re-read-often, 2014
Read in July, 2014

I've been getting a little worried because the past couple of Nora Roberts books haven't really tripped my trigger. But this one... was awesome.
Fiona Bristow was kidnapped almost ten years ago, the only survivor of a serial killer who would find single, athletic women, kill them and then bury them in a shallow grave in a national park. After Fiona managed to escape, the killer went back and killed her boyfriend and his K9 unit. In his memory, Fiona opened up a dog training school which does everything from simple obedience to search and rescue.
Simon Doyle is a gifted carpenter who sells his wares in Fiona's stepmother's art gallery. He has a puppy in need of some training and comes to Fiona for help. He's somewhat attracted to Fiona but not really sure if he wants it to go any further than attraction, after all, it's a small island. But then, someone starts imitating the serial murderer who went after Fiona and she is once again thrown into danger.
Some fun dog training tips. A little annoyance on my part that Simon felt like he was being "trained" but got over it pretty quickly and who does that? I read this book in a quick couple of days and loved it.
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Mckelley Could not agree more! Why hasn't this become a movie!? No need for editing, this has it all.

Bill I agree as well! I've been an occasional Nora reader, but I'm really loving this book!

DOYLE TORY Zzxdttypn

Bill DOYLE TORY wrote: "Zzxdttypn"

Bill wrote: "I agree as well! I've been an occasional Nora reader, but I'm really loving this book!"

What is Zzxdttypn?