Seizure Romero's Reviews > The Ascent of Man

The Ascent of Man by Jacob Bronowski

Jan 04, 08

bookshelves: history, anthropology, college
Read in September, 1985

This book was assigned for a college course I took about a thousand years ago. The instructor was obsessed with Jacob Bronowski, so he played many, if not all of the documentary episodes that went along with the book, probably so he could sit in the corner and hide his boner (c'mon, the course was called "The Ascent of Man" fer chrissakes. It should have been called "The Life and Times of Jacob Bronowski Plus Some Stuff That Might Make You Ungrateful Wankers Appreciate Not Living in Mud Huts." The guy was way too into it. And don't even act like you never had to hide a boner in college). So anyway, I payed very close attention to the movies and left my copy of the book in its plastic wrap and managed to get a better grade than my friends (neener). Years later, when those cheap bastards at Half-Price Books offered me a quarter for my still-in-plastic-$16.95-cover-price copy, I counter-offered a few suggestions as to what they could do with their quarter and went home and finally opened it and read the damned thing. It was alright.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ascent of Man.