Lorri Coburn's Reviews > The Age Of Turbulence: Adventures In A New World

The Age Of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan

Aug 14, 10

Alan Greenspan details, but in way too much detail, the changes in our economic system from the 60's to 2006. It would be interesting to see what he has to say about the current economic crisis. I've been listening to this on audio, and have found my mind wandering, yet it is also interesting to get a historical perspective of the various presidential economic policies, the exponential rise of the stock market, the bailout of the savings and loans, etc. I have gained a greater appreciation for the free market system, but as I listen to Greenspan, my liberal leanings kick up and say, "But what about containing corporate greed?" In my opinion he seems to gloss over the cost to tax payers and the depressed consumer confidence levels that result when corporations take advantage of the worker and consumer. However, it was interesting to learn about creative ways the Federal Reserve Board helped solve the savings and loan collapse by selling off the assets. Still, it ended up costing taxpayers, once again, and I am not hearing a stance about corporate responsibility.

I haven't finished it yet, and intend to, but another library network book came in that is due sooner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Age Of Turbulence.