Ally's Reviews > His Darkest Hunger

His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone

Aug 22, 10

bookshelves: ebook, 2010
Read on August 25, 2010

Another new author with an interesting new series about jaguar shifter's.

Jaxon Castille is a jaguar shifter, warrior and assassin. He has long hungered for the chance to make his former lover, Libby Jamieson, pay for her deadly betrayal. After three long years he’s finally found her. The hunt is over but the Libby that he finds is not what he expected. She has no memory of their tumultuous affair; of her treachery; of anything beyond her own name. A shadowy and deadly clan has marked them both for death, and in an instant the game changes, the hunter has become the hunted. On the run, with the ghosts of their past between them Libby and Jaxon must discover the truth behind the dark forces working against them. Together, they must grab hold of a destiny that has the power to either heal them or destroy them. But the truth is far more shattering than anyone could imagine.

His Darkest Hunger had so much potential for me but sadly I found it lacking because so much time is spent between Libby and Jaxon being stuck in the past about the betrayal's each have dealt the other. To be fair it's only halfway through the book that Libby remembers what happened to her and her personality changes and I'd have to say not for the better. It's expected that she's be angry (not giving anything away) but His Darkest Hunger is so angst ridden that it really struggled to keep my interest. I didn't expect it to be a happy, happy book but I didn't expect the majority of the book to be so angsty and full of drama.

The touture that Libby went through was really awful and I disliked that even though Jaxon saw the marks on Libbys body he still couldn't seem to get past his anger at what he thought she had done to his unit and forgive her. It's not til Libby regains her memory and Jaxon sees and hears Libby's anger towards him that he seems then to forgive her. Which I really didn't like.

I enjoyed the secondary chacacter's much more than the main couple. Jagger and Julian who are Jaxon's brothers (but Julian can't shift), Declan a powerful practitioner of magick and Ana a three hundred year old vampire add another dimension to His Darkest Hunger.

However much I didn't enjoy His Darkest Hunger I still thought it was an interesting read and extremely well written for a start to a new series. I am looking forward to the next book in the series His Darkest Embrace due out in November, which features Jagger and Skye.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Darkest Hunger.