Brandann's Reviews > The Pillars of Creation

The Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind

Aug 13, 10

Read from August 09 to 12, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I thought the introduction of Jennsen was a nice break, and the way that this book is told from her PoV was refreshing. I also enjoyed the way Goodkind inserted little idiosyncrasies that linked her to Richard, even though they had never met. The way that she became strong, inside the manipulations, even questioning the false truth around her, endeared her to me. I liked this as Jennsen's story, even when Captain doesn't show up 'till Chapter 54 arrives, and you see him through her eyes, and she has to make her own decisions when faced with the truth of the situation.

Once again, though, there is graphic violence against women in vividly laid out detail. It isn't as prominent as the previous six books, but it is still there. Also, there is a questionable scene involving Jennsen's sexual autonomy, but I am relieved to see that Goodkind has decided to avoid (so far) to not punish her, as most authors/writers are wont to do when a woman makes a choice involving sex that isn't with her One And Only True Love (see: Kahlan and Temple of the Winds)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pillars of Creation.