Bry's Reviews > Thrill of the Chase

Thrill of the Chase by Christina Crooks

Mar 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011, romance
Read on March 27, 2011

I am not sure why I wanted to read this book. I saw it on the Goodreads giveaways and thought it looked interesting so I got it through paper back swap.

Do I know anything about drag racing?

Do I know anything about race cars?

No. Classic cars and muscle cars are more my style.

So why did I read this?

I have no idea.

In the end though it wasn't that it was bad just a bit boring. Without a lot of understanding about all the racing junk I tended to skim those sections, and rest I sped through just in the hopes that I would get to some action. In the end I didn't really get her attraction to the main guy or his to her. It all seemed pretty light and superficial. The characters were very over the top yet flat at the same time - does that even make sense. Sarah is selfish, annoying, self centered while Gordon is uptight, bossy, and narrow minded. And despite coming together they never seem to really grow or learn from their experiences - especially Sarah - made them flat. Totally annoying.

Despite the odd characters, and somewhat boring plot the writing was excellent, and there wasn't a single typo which usually seem to be prevalent in small publishing house books.

If you like racing then this book would definitely interest you more than it did me, but otherwise you might find it a boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrill of the Chase.

03/26/2011 page 48
17.0% "Gordon - the main male character- always assumes his life growing up was the worst and hardest. And that whoever he just met for the very first time is spoiled, had it easy, and knows nothing about hardship. He seriously needs to get the fuck over himself."
03/26/2011 page 80
28.0% "Sarah is just annoying. She is quick to anger, cocky, a total daddy's girl with entitlement issues an is criminally naive on how to be a girl. She even uses pepto bismol (that gross chalky pink stomach medicine) as lip gloss. Ew."
03/27/2011 page 147
51.0% "Does a book that is only 283 pages long really need to be divided into part 1 and part 2? And sometimes I am completely confused by all the car and racing speak. It's like you have to be a racer, mechanic, or complete NASCAR nut to entirely understand it all."
03/27/2011 page 289
100.0% "Finished. It was ok I guess. Review to come."