Jess Michaelangelo's Reviews > The Reckoning

The Reckoning by Beverly  Lewis

Aug 17, 10

bookshelves: series, fiction, library, amish-fiction
Read from August 13 to 17, 2010, read count: 1

A nice end to the series, The Reckoning wraps up all of the open-ended questions left by the other books in the trilogy.

I liked this book better than the second, but less than the first. Really, though, I'm glad to have finished this series so that I can move on to more substantial reading. These books are nice comfort reads, but there isn't really much more to them than that. I'm sure many who read these books take much from the religious parts, but as I'm not a hugely religious person, they were just heartwarming tidbits to read.

For the first half of this, Katherine/Katie really got on my nerves. I put this down for two days because of it. She just seemed rather snotty and ungrateful, despite the fact that she lives in a frickin' mansion with servants to wait on her every whim. By the end though, I was warmed back up to her, and I'm glad her story ended the way it did. It was very fitting for her character.

The plot wasn't much in this one, but I don't think this series was meant to be page-turning. A little predictable, but still enjoyable.

Overall, I did enjoy this final book, but I'm glad that there aren't any more of these to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.

08/13/2010 "Going to finish out the series. I think I've had enough fluff books to last me a while."
08/15/2010 page 65
23.0% "Ahh, Katie, no! What are you doing? This one looks to be filled with more cat-and-mouse plot, grr."
08/16/2010 page 177
61.0% "I haven't been doing much reading lately. This one seems much more religious in nature, but it's still a quick read."
08/17/2010 page 207
72.0% "Hoping to finish this one this morning."