Becky's Reviews > The Romantics

The Romantics by Galt Niederhoffer

Sep 10, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, quick-reads, drama, galt-niederhoffer
Read from September 01 to 10, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Well I should probably start off by saying this isn't really my style of book. I have a wide selection of books that I like but for me this just didn't do it. I found the characters whiny, and childish, I think that was the point but I found it detracted from the story. I didn't care about the characters. There was a wide diversity of traits each character had, but I never felt drawn to any of them, especially the three leads. Then which end did it take? This is a story I would have like closer to, but again maybe that was because I didn't have a vested interest. If I did I would have made my own conclusions based on my own wishes. I also got confused as to who was who, and which couple was which as we moved through the story. In some ways there were too many stories being told. I found myself distracted on all the side stories when I really wanted to know about the main issues between Lila, Laura, and Tom. When you finally got to the heart of the "big controversy" I was bored and didn't care anymore. I did find myself enjoying reading the story, but as seen above, I felt it had many flaws.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Romantics.

09/03/2010 page 74