Novels On The Run's Reviews > Eve of Samhain

4119908
Apr 13, 11

Read from August 13 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy

Marissa's Review:

I was trolling through Lisa Sanchez's website as I had heard a lot of talk of this book and of Lisa herself. I stumbled upon the excerpt, read it, loved it and ordered the book right then and there!!
I wasnt disappointed. It was a great change to books I have recently been reading - I was crying out for more smexi and Eve of Samhain certainly delivered!
For a debut novel, Lisa has done a fantastic job in telling the story of Quinn and Ryann (from Ryann's POV). The sexual tension is rather predominant without being tawdry. Lisa has ripped out a few classic one-liners throughout the book.
The feeling Ryann has for Quinn is so easily felt. Having Quinn be a lovably saucy Irish lad was a nice change.
Along with the smexi anguish, the story comes complete with villain, action and even a moral lesson to be learnt!
Congratulations to Lisa Sanchez for Eve of Samhain and I look forward to reading her second book when it is released.
I gave this book a 4.5 out of 5.Eve of Samhain

Michelle's Review:

must start by saying that at several times during this book you may need to 'fan oneself'. I would say this isn't for your younger audience. I really enjoyed this book by Lisa and look forward to her next book from Martha's POV. This story is told from Ryann's POV.

Quinn , Oh my goodness...mother of pearl...fans oneself...oh dear lordy..humana..humana... ( deep breath) , is the smexi , cocky, cussing Irish lad. Women mean nothing to him, they are his pleasure, his one night stand, until he meets Ryann. Unfortunately Quinn has been cursed by the Faerie Queen for being a cocky Irish lad crossing the line with her and his fate is in her hands.

Ryann, 21yrs old, smart, ample boozemed , bootie bar employee, BFF to Jessica and roomie to the mysterious Martha, the Gothic chick .( I will save Martha's last name for you..hee..hee.. ) Can she save Quinn???

Gabriel , Ryann's friend and fellow bootie bar employee.....hmmmm I can't help wondering if there is more to him, I have my theory.

Lisa has set us up for book 2 with a hint at Martha's life wanting you to know more .

The first chapter of this book is a corker it's your introduction to both Ryann and Quinn aka....

Quotes:

"This overwordly creature was not only a walking advertisement for sinful behaviour, but a mystical weapon of lust and desire sent to destroy me."

"My daydream burst when he opened his pie hole. Was he talking to me?"

"A wide panty - dropping grin crossed his face, and it was clear to me he found my frustration with him funny."

"I went about my work, painfully aroused I might add, and watched from the corner of my eye as he downed his Guinness in one long gulp."

"I bit the inside of my cheek, stifling the urge to lift my arm , extend my middle finger and let the patron saint of p........ off servers fly."

Eve of Samhain is a sometimes erotic, cussing, funny, smexi read, with Otherworld characters, bad guy action and a lesson to be learnt. I had a great time reading it.

Lisa Sanchez's debut novel is definantly worth a read. I have a favourite part in this book..I'm sure most would agree with me:D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eve of Samhain.