Nic's Reviews > Magic Bites

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Feb 27, 13

bookshelves: adult, paranormal-supernatural-world, favourite-of-2013, favourites, from-recs
Recommended to Nic by: oliviasbooks
Recommended for: Fans of Mercy Thompson series
Read from February 25 to 27, 2013

Well that was AWESOME! I am surprised how much I loved it. I did hear from quite a few people that the first book is the weakest but I am not sure why. I admit the world building and trying to remember who is what is a bit hard at times but other than that it is fantastic. I am so excited for the next book now.

Twinie, I am sorry I finished it so fast. I just got addicted. Thanks for the read along :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bites.

Quotes Nic Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...”

Ilona Andrews
“What kind of woman greets the Beast Lord with 'here, kitty, kitty'?”

Ilona Andrews
“The monster licked his lips, long lines of whiskers twitching, and spoke in a deep growl. "Pretty, aren't I?" Curran. In midform. I broke from his gaze. "Adorable.”

Ilona Andrews
“Have you ever met someone and felt… I don't know how to describe it, felt a chance at having something that eluded you? I don't know… Forget I said anything."

I knew what he meant. He was describing that moment when you realize that you are lonely. For a time you can be alone and doing fine and never give a thought to living any other way and then you meet someone and suddenly you become lonely. It stabs at you, almost like a physical pain, and you feel both deprived and angry, deprived because you wish to be with that person and angry, because their absence brings you misery. It's a strange feeling, akin to desperation, a feeling that makes you wait by the phone even though you know that the call is an hour away. I was not going to lose my balance. Not yet.”

02/26/2013 page 78
30.0% "Oh I like Kate. She is pretty awesome :)" 6 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ Ready for our book date? I can't believe I'm FINALLY reading this lol!

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I know. It has been a long time coming. I hope we enjoy it :)

message 3: by ~Tina~ (last edited Feb 25, 2013 06:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ I think this book came out in 2007...so yeah, it's been a really long time coming lol
I'll start it in the morning:)

Kathryn Yes! I'm glad I might see another addict of Kate Daniels!

Heather I think you'll enjoy it. Kate Daniels is one awesome chic!

♥Rachel♥ Yes!! I love this series. This is the weakest of the books, but know that each gets better and better. Can't wait to see what you think. Kate is amazing. :)

message 7: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I am really getting into now. The world building is a lot to remember at first but I think the characters are awesome.

Lora Happy reading, Nic. This one of the best UF series out there (besides Fever, obv.) IMO. :)

~Tina~ LOL It's all good Twinie! I'm glad you loved it. I didn't think the world would be this much fun:) I'm almost finished this and will start on book two next, but I can see your in a devouring mood, so go for it hun!:)

Nomes I a, definitely going to have to seriously commit to this one now :) I am excited for it. S glad you loved it x

♥Rachel♥ If you loved this one you'll go gaga over the rest! So glad you enjoyed this, Nic. It's one of my all-time favorite series. :)

message 12: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic ~Tina~ wrote: "LOL It's all good Twinie! I'm glad you loved it. I didn't think the world would be this much fun:) I'm almost finished this and will start on book two next, but I can see your in a devouring mood, ..."

LOL. I am in a devouring mood. I can't believe I read it in 24 hours. Must have stole some of your speed reading powers ;) I am about start book #2 now.

message 13: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Nomes wrote: "I a, definitely going to have to seriously commit to this one now :) I am excited for it. S glad you loved it x"

Is it at your library Nomes? I think you will like the characters. It does have a similar feel to Darkfever series but more fun.

message 14: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "If you loved this one you'll go gaga over the rest! So glad you enjoyed this, Nic. It's one of my all-time favorite series. :)"

I am so excited for the rest of the series especially since you say it is even better. I am hoping for more of Curran in the next book :)

♥Rachel♥ He's a little more present in each book. Third book gets interesting. ;)

message 16: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Hmmmmm....I wonder what happens in book 3 ;)

Alexa And book 4. Heheh ;D

message 18: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I think I need to read faster ;D

Wendy Darling I'm not sure why everyone says the first book is the weakest either! I really enjoyed it, I'm so glad you did, too. And I see you've blown through the next couple as well, hee hee.

message 20: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I am seriously addicted and am desperately waiting for 4 & 5 to arrive in the mail. It has also reminded me how much I love a good adult urban fantasy. Need to read more of them.