Sapphire Pyro's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

Sep 18, 10

bookshelves: favorites-top, novel-grownup
Read from August 12 to September 01, 2010

~ Longer Review @ Imagination Complex

I didn't like the romance much and the main protagonists hadn't appealed to me as much as I hoped for.... but everything else was BRILLIANT! Great story and lovable characters! It's one unforgettable novel filled with mystery, horror, & tragedy.... and humor, love, & hope.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Quotes Sapphire Liked

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“People talk too much. Humans aren't descended from monkeys. They come from parrots.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Making money isn't hard in itself... What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one's life to.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Never trust anyone, Daniel, especially the people you admire. Those are the ones who will make you suffer the worst blows.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“When everyone is determined to present someone as a monster, there are two possibilities: either he’s a saint or they themselves are not telling the whole story.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“In those days I learned that nothing is more frightening than a hero who lives to tell his story, to tell what all those who fell at his side will never be able to tell.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“But in good time you'll see that sometimes what matters isn't what one gives but what one gives up.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Wars have no memory, and nobody has the courage to understand them until there are no voices left to tell what happened,”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Sometimes we think people are like lottery tickets, that they're there to make our most absurd dreams come true.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Our world will not die as the result of the bomb, as the papers say, it will die of laughter, of banality, or making a joke of everything, and a lousy joke at that.”