Lindsey Lang's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Apr 17, 11

Read from August 14 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy

wow!! i was pretty much hooked from the first sentence of this book! right from the start the story is both enchanting and intriguing and impossible to put down!! anyone who loves to read or loves books in general will love the start of this book! i can't wait to see if i'll stay this enthralled throughout the entire book, it's been a while since a book has gripped me this much right from the start!

***review after reading the book:
First off WOW!! I was pretty much hooked from the first sentence of this book! For a book lover like myself what could be better than a book starting out by the main character visiting something called The Cemetery of Forgotten Books?

Right from the start the story is both enchanting and intriguing and impossible to put down!! This book literally has it all; intrigue, action, love story, history, intense love of books, really too much to try and summarize in a review!

Basically anyone and everyone who considers themselves a lover of books should go out and find this book immediately!! This is by far the best book I've read in months and I want everyone I know to read this book and be as enthralled and gripped by this book as I was!***

TOTALLY AWESOME BOOK, BEST BOOK I'VE READ IN MONTHS!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK, READ WHAT I READ ABOVE AND JUST GO OUT AND GET IT, THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Quotes Lindsey Liked

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time.”
Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
tags: books

08/14/2010 page 33
08/22/2010 page 220
45.0% "this book is SO good!! i never want to put it down! it's so interesting and involved it makes me want to call in sick to work so i can just stay in bed all day and read it!!"
08/24/2010 page 325
67.0% "WOW!!! it is so hard to put this book down, but i finally had to because the bath water was getting too cold!! full of shocks and surprises, everyone should read this book!"
show 13 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy i ordered this book last week :)

Lindsey Lang Brandy wrote: "i ordered this book last week :)"

nice! you're going to love it!!! and once i finish swan thieves i'm going to get started on firefly summer too! =)