Jason's Reviews > From a Buick 8

From a Buick 8 by Stephen King

Aug 15, 10

** spoiler alert ** This is one of the few SK books that I DON'T recommend. Twasn't awful, but it sure weren't good either. My favorite part was in the beginning when the Buick 8 shows up, and just gets left at a gas station. Some dude in a coat gets out, nips around the corner of the building, and that's that. The car is just kind of freaky, and a little weird. It doesn't get dirty, and every now and then some monster comes out of its trunk. It seems to serve as a gateway between worlds. One dude dies from fiddling with it, and his son gets pissed at it and wants to destroy it. It just hangs out in a garage, though. The rest of the book involves people talking about the weird stuff the car does, and that's all he wrote. There aren't any zinger lines in it, that I recall. There's really no villain at all. One saving grace (though it fails to save it, really) is that I like to think that the car is a gateway between our world and the world of the Dark Tower, though that's not mentioned specifically. Still, it's nice to think about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From a Buick 8.