George's Reviews > Siege

Siege by Brian Michael Bendis

Aug 12, 10

bookshelves: graphic-novels, 2010
Read in August, 2010

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's an improvement over Marvel's last big event, "Secret Invasion," which was a four-issue miniseries stuffed into eight issues. The series' obligatory 'death of a hero' scene makes more sense, also. I thought the Wasp's death in Secret Invasion was done for shock value, and as such was rather senseless and stupid.

The negatives: I didn't like the art. The story, while readable, felt rather sketchy because I didn't read all the tie-in issues.

This feels like a reboot, a way to return everything to the status quo. Considering the events of Civil War, the fact that everyone could just kiss and make up was a bit unbelievable to me. Civil War wasn't perfect, but at least it changed things up. I guess comics fans are conservative by nature, and don't want anything to change.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siege.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Yes, the ending felt forced, at best. After Civil War and Siege, I came to the realization that all of the "instigators" had paid a price of some kind for their actions except for Reed Richards, who has gotten away free and clear. World War Hulk and Civil War were both largely his fault, after all.