Amy Jacobs's Reviews > Bite Club

Bite Club by Rachel Caine

Mar 15, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in March, 2011

After my excitement of receiving this book in the mail died down from an extreme happy dance, I quickly started devouring the latest installment in the Morganville Vampire series. I wanted -- no needed-- more of the cast of characters and their constant struggle of vampires and humans coexisting together in one town.

In Bite Club, we get to see previous characters reappear, a new setting for the characters to immerse themselves in, and more obstacles for them to overcome. What I absolutely loved more than anything in this book is how the author took a chance and changed the POV through out the book. This series has been in Claire's POV the entire ride, and in Bite Club we get to peek into Shane's head as well. Not only is Shane sexy, sweet, funny and charming at times, but now we actually get to read about his feelings and past events that shaped him into the guy he is.

When Shane joins a new self defense class taught by a vampire, Claire starts to notice Shane changing. He is angry at everything, starting to pick fights with Michael, and even goes as far as hurting Claire emotionally. What he does to Claire was not only heartbreaking and had me mad, but it was torture now knowing if Claire was going to be able to pull him back from the dark place he was in mentally.

Moving on to my next favorite character of the series, we get to see a lot more of Myrnin in this book. I just love this crazy vampire! The scenes where he is driving Claire and Eve around town was one of my favorites parts of the book. Even though Myrnin is in typical better-than-humans form, I felt the author showed more of his compassion and fondness for Claire in this book.

Then as the ending approached and previous enemies were dealt with, Shane finds out the secret that Claire has been hiding from him about his Father. His reaction was perfect and fit with what has happened through out the entire book. Plus we even get a few surprises involving Eve and Michael that I have been waiting forever for!

Not only do I love this series and adore the wonderful author, but I must say that Bite Club is probably one of my favorites of the whole series! If you are a fan of the Morganville Vampire series, this is going to be one book you are going to want to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasha (new) - added it

Tasha OMG ITS OUT??? i thought it came out in May so where did you get it???

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Jacobs Tasha wrote: "OMG ITS OUT??? i thought it came out in May so where did you get it???"

I got it for review from the author.