Chris Hall's Reviews > The Man Who Was Thursday

The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton

Mar 08, 2012

Read from February 23 to March 08, 2012

Just read the first two chapters and very enjoyable it is too. The main characters Gabriel Syme and Lucien Gregory have been introduced and the scene set regarding the New Anarchists.

=====================

Have now finished the book. I have to say it was perhaps one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read. A plot with some nice twists and turns, a storyline that isn't too complex, characters that spring to life and no fluff and padding.

It's a book that makes you think, and always worth looking at some deeper reviews, but only after you've read it. This is a book that can be read again and again with more depth revealed at each reading.

10/10
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Was Thursday.

02/23/2012 page 21
03/08/2012 page 999
100.0% "All finished!"
show 1 hidden update…

Karen L. So glad you enjoyed that book. I think I want to read it again during a non busy time, so that I can read it in two days. I think that a story like that is best read in a few days. I just wish my middle aged brain would get back to its better short term memory.

message 2: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris Hall It's certainly one that I will be reading again Karen. I could certainly read it in 2 days but just don't get the time!

message 3: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean McMahon Thanks for the tip on this, Chris. Will definitely try and read this soon.