Kathryn's Reviews > Shark vs. Train

Shark vs. Train by Chris  Barton

Aug 12, 10

bookshelves: childrens-picture-books
Read in August, 2010

This is a super fun read, and would make an especially good "boy book" (I generally don't like labeling books like that, but I know parents and teachers are really on the hunt for books to get their boys into reading and I think this is a great choice!) There's a friendly competition between the shark and the train, and it highlights the fact that we are all have different strengths and weaknesses. The shark and train are in a variety of amusing situations, like playing basketball, being an amusement park attraction, and even playing video games--sometimes the shark is better, sometimes the train is better, and sometimes neither one of them excels. I mean, really, a shark or a train playing a video game? (As they say, having thumbs would really help, haha!) In the end, there is no clear winner--except the two boys who had a really great time playing with their shark and train ;-) Super adorable without being "cutesy" and also lots of fun!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shark vs. Train.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathryn It's been getting lots of buzz and is super popular right now so I just HAD to check it out. I was really pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it :-) Hope you will, too.

Kathryn Oooh, only a few days until you can smile and relax beside the lake. Awesome! :-)

Lisa Vegan Have a fabulous, relaxing time, Abigail!! You certainly are due for a vacation!

Lisa Vegan Abigail wrote: "Thanks, ladies! I need to make an announcement, in my groups... although I've been SO busy this week (it's been absolutely crazy at work!) they might think I'm already gone! :)"

Definitely make announcements in all the groups you mod or co-mod.

We'll miss you and will hold down the fort, but at least every member will know you're gone.