Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)'s Reviews > Candy Houses

Candy Houses by Shiloh Walker

Aug 12, 10

Read from August 10 to 11, 2010

Greta is a Grimm, a guardian angel of sorts that fights demon takeovers. Greta is better known as Gretel (uh huh, that Gretel) and the stories about her couldn’t be further from the truth. Then there is Rip (yep, Van Winkle) and he sets Greta’s heart a pitter patter but it scared her so bad she took off.

Now both of them are on a mission that brings them together and puts them both in danger, but the attraction between them might be a tad more dangerous.

Greta no longer wants to be called Gretel because of things that happened in the past with Hansel (Hans) her step-brother. Rip, never really slept that long but had a spell cast on him, which did make him sleep but the fairy tale behind it was exaggerated.

I loved Shiloh Walkers integration with fairy tale and turning those legends of Fairy Tale into a supernatural crime fighting force. The world is nitty and gritty, full of face paced action that you can read in a single sitting or savor it slowly. It’s even a bit scary; some of the demons are straight out of a child’s worst nightmare

Shiloh just tells good story! This has to be my favorite of all her stories I’ve read (yeah not many, but still). I loved it!

The attraction between Greta and Rip was intense, Greta is such a strong independent person she doesn’t see herself tied down for all immortality. Who could blame her? But Rip is worth it, trust me ladies.

Candy Houses is a good read, especially for those of you who want a twist on your fairy tales from childhood.

4.5 Stars
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candy Houses.