Alison's Reviews > G is for Gumshoe

G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton

Aug 19, 10

Recommended for: fans of the series
Read from August 12 to 19, 2010, read count: 1

In this installment of Grafton's Alphabet series, P.I. Kinsey Milhone is faced with two dilemmas.

First, she has taken on the case of a woman who's mother has gone missing from her trailer in the Mohave Desert. Kinsey is sent to the desert to find her and bring her back. The elderly woman in her dementia gives Kinsey clues that help unravel some age old family mysteries.

Also, Kinsey learns that there is a price on her head. A criminal that she helped put behind bars is now trying to have her killed. Kinsey hires a hard-nosed bodyguard to protect her, and a kinship is sparked.

Compared to the others in this series, this was a bit low on action. There were more interactions with characters inside Kinsey's circle--particularly her match-making friend Vera. A lot of old friends are here as well, including Rosie, Henry, the VW (maybe its last appearance?), and the one decent dress Kinsey owns.

Fans of the series will appreciate this one as well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read G is for Gumshoe.

message 1: by Sera (new)

Sera I have "A" and "B" in this series, but have never read them. I take it that you are a Grafton fan?

Alison I do like this series. I like to read one in between some "heavier" selections. They really quickly, and are fun and really clever. I was up to "f", but my library didn't have it which really bothered me! You should try "A"...it was a really good one.

Alison I meant they "read really quickly"

message 4: by Sera (new)

Sera I think that I will later this year. It has to get off the shelf at some point.