Jay Kovach's Reviews > Light Before Day

Light Before Day by Christopher  Rice

Aug 16, 10

Recommended for: Everyone, young adult and older.
Read from August 11 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy

Just as awesome as the first time I read it. This would have to be my second favorite of all of his books. When he talks about the users, it reminds me of my less than savory lifestyle I had when I was younger. Although some of the examples of users are on the extreme side, they are accurate portrayals. Read this, read all his books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light Before Day.

08/11/2010 page 153
46.0% ""Her lips tensed and pulled back from her teeth, and from the look in her eye I could tell she didn't like any of her choices.""
08/12/2010 page 153
46.0% ""She thought they were going to stay together forever. That's why she got her tubes tied. She was afraid of what he'd do to their kids, but she didn't want to leave him.""
08/12/2010 page 167
50.0% ""She thought they were going to stay together forever. That's why she got her tubes tied. She was afraid of what he'd do to their kids, but she didn't want to leave him.""
08/14/2010 page 197
59.0% ""No one's ever believed you before now," the woman murmured, "but I do. Maybe I'm not an angel, Eddie. But I'm the best fucking friend you'll ever have.""
08/15/2010 page 223
66.0% ""I know where you are going," she said at last. "Even if you don't.""
08/15/2010 page 258
77.0% ""See. You establish things. That's journalistic. Besides, you really think the man who killed my mother still goes by the name Reynaldo Reyez?" "He sure as hell doesn't go around calling himself the HOMOSEXUAL," I said, "I promise to let you beat the shit out of someone very soon. Let's go.""
08/16/2010 page 304
90.0% "Terrence Davidson regained his composure and stepped toward Roger's prone body. "You're a liar, Roger," he whispered. "You're a liar and a hypocrite. Just like Joseph. You said we could break the cycle." Terrence shot Roger through the forehead."
show 1 hidden update…