Laura's Reviews > Mystic River

Feb 15, 11

bookshelves: bookmooch, suspense-thriller, read-2011
Recommended for: Eunira
Read from February 12 to 15, 2011

In this particular case, I first saw the movie and then read the book. Loved both of them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mystic River.

02/13/2011 page 182

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carey Combe What do you think?

Laura a GREAT book, even better than the movie. Have you read it already?

message 3: by Hayes (new)

Hayes It didn't grab me... I think it was a case of too much expectation, or something.

Laura since I loved the movie (Sean Penn was magnificent!!) I'm enjoying also this book.

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes I didn't see the movie, but everyone was talking about it and saying how wonderful it was. Sure way to ruin a book or a movie for me. I need to go into a story with "virgin" thoughts.

Carey Combe I was so excited about this one, but I just couldn't get on with it. Infact I hated it so much I had to abandon it. Glad you are enjoying it!

Laura The movie was directed by Clint Eastwood and the main actors are Sean Penn and Tim Robbins, an excellent in my opinion. I might be influenced by the movie but I'm enjoying this reading.

Carey Combe I was told how good the film was, so I thought I would read the book first, maybe I should have done it the other way around!

message 9: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I read the book first and then saw the movie - the book is much better. But both are great and the movie won Oscars for Sean Penn & Tim Robbins. Read the book and then get the movie.

Laura thanks Killer