Lydia Presley's Reviews > Outside In

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, scifi, young-adult
Read from June 01 to 03, 2011

I love science fiction. I love, love it. I didn't use to love reading science fiction, but the Young Adult genre of books had a huge part in converting me.

I was always more of a fantasy girl and Snyder's Poison Study series really had me digging her version of fantasy - so when she started putting out some more sci-fi type (not SyFy, you silly people), I jumped at the opportunity to read them. I wasn't disappointed.

In Outside In, Trella offers the reader a view on a very conflicted, very real teenager who's struggling with taking responsibility after inciting a rebellion in Inside Out. I could relate to that, I mean - who wants to make decisions that could impact thousands of lives, especially if you are a teenager and wanting just to live free of torture with a few basic, humane rights.

While parts of the book are a bit far-fetched, I really enjoyed the continuation of the story begun. I thought it an honest, realistic view of what happens when one government is overthrown and another established in its place. I loved the ending (and normally those types of endings I really don't, but it fit SO WELL here) and went positively ga-ga over the book as a whole. Two thumbs up for Snyder! Job well done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outside In.