Weston Locher's Reviews > Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Advertising

Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan

Aug 27, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, humor, writing-reference
Read from August 11 to 27, 2010

Sullivan's "Whipple" threw me headfirst into the world of advertising with little to no prior knowledge. Currently studying copywriting, this book was recommended to me to help me grasp the larger scope of the advertising business.

The book takes a light hearted approach to the advertising industry, full of jokes and insider info from the author, who has worked in the agency world for quite some time.

Sullivan not only helps you understand how to break in but also gives you insider information from his years of experience and helps newcomers plan the best portfolio possible. He uses lots of quotes from colleagues and lots of examples of both good and bad advertisements and walks readers through the process of both dissecting and rebuilding them.

This is a great book for anyone interested in advertising or curious about it's inner workings. I genuinely feel like this book could be enjoyed by anyone even without a deep interest in the af agency world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This.