Kristen's Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

F 50x66
Jan 04, 08

Read in December, 2007

Received signed copies of this book and also Vampire Academy for Christmas; my aunt knows the author. When I first read the back of this book and saw the shoe comment, I thought of MaryJanice Davidson's Betsy Taylor books, which, although amusing, are not on my high priority list to be read. So I put this book aside and ready Vampire Academy first. Although I didn't love that book (I did enjoy it, just didn't love it), the writing definitely got me interested in the author enough to immediately pick up this one. And I'm glad I did!

Like the aforementioned Betsy, Georgina of this book does do some speaking without thinking, but unlike Betsy, most of the time she doesn't act like an idiot. Ok, no more comparisons to Betsy - a few shoe comments right at the beginning of the book had me rolling my eyes, but things settled down after that and got into the interesting stuff. I like how the author used flashbacks to give back story (sometimes the way it's done really bugs me but these ones worked), and I like that it didn't take long for me to really like the main character. Actually, since Georgina loves books and works in a book store, I guess she couldn't be too hard to love! :)

Now I need to find the next one!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.