Emery Lee's Reviews > I Kissed an Earl

I Kissed an Earl by Julie Anne Long

Aug 11, 10

Read from August 10 to 11, 2010

A top shelf historical romance!

I wasn't sure in the beginning if I was going to like this one, but the author was incredible, a true artist with word pictures. I have a bad habit of dog-earring pages when I read a line that I particulalry like. I mangled this one!

I had only two issues with the novel:
The plot of this novel was a bit far-fetched, but as it was a strongly character driven tale, I could easily overlook this.
It also suffered from very poor copy editing - numerous punctuation erros, missing words, and errors in titular names, but again forgiven because the writing was superb!

What I loved about this novel was the slow, simmering dance of seduction that I experienced as a reader, yet it wasn't a "sex fest."

The chemistry between Violet and Asher was incredibly hot and so well-drawn out. It was a sweet torture until they finally "consumated" their love - and was it consuming!

This one goes on my favorites shelf with Lord of Scoundrels, Devil in Winter, Libertine's Kiss, and the very sensually restrained, but hot nonetheless Venetia.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed an Earl.

08/10/2010 page 129
34.0% "I have not read this author before and began with the end of the series but am really hooked!"
34.0% "FABULOUS chemistry!!!!"