Molly's Reviews > Something from the Nightside

Aug 10, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010
Read from August 05 to 08, 2010

This is the first Green novel I have read. Picked it up at half price books, so I don't feel particularly bad about hating it. Or too terribly ripped off.

And I did hate it.
However, I kept reading it hoping that I was missing something.

To me, it seemed like this was the first book (or series) that Green wrote but didn't have it published until after he was established, giving fans more or something.

I got sick of the repeated phrases because, well, I am a smart woman and you don't need to tell me that one of the 6 characters in the book is "punk god of the razor" more than once.

I also have a little peeve about using the same word over and over in sentences...and when I start being THAT anal about a book, it means that my lil ole brain isn't engaged in the story enough.

Like other reviews on this book, I was surprised that there was a romantic interest. I got tired of every trick in the book being IN THIS BOOK.
Alternate realities CHECK
Mysterious Bad Guys CHECK
Mysterious "bad" girls CHECK
poor helpless girl CHECK
blah blah blah blah

and all of that in two hundred and freekin' thirty pages. less goes on in War and Peace (That is a joke)

I probably won't pick up another book from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something from the Nightside.

08/12/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Whew! I don't think you should try and read him again! And thanks for the warning....life is too short and all that...