Shany Sha's Reviews > The Godfather

The Godfather by Mario Puzo

Aug 10, 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Godfather.

Quotes Shany Liked

Mario Puzo
“A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults”

Mario Puzo
“Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family.- Don Corleone”

Mario Puzo
“Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that's why they have godfathers.”

Mario Puzo
“Tom, don't let anybody kid you. It's all personal, every bit of business. Every piece of shit every man has to eat every day of his life is personal. They call it business. OK. But it's personal as hell. You know where I learned that from? The Don. My old man. The Godfather. If a bolt of lightning hit a friend of his the old man would take it personal. He took my going into the Marines personal. That's what makes him great. The Great Don. He takes everything personal Like God. He knows every feather that falls from the tail of a sparrow or however the hell it goes? Right? And you know something? Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.”

Mario Puzo
“I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.”

Mario Puzo
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”

Mario Puzo
“Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.”
tags: life

Mario Puzo
“Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”