Susan Mann's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Oct 28, 10

Read from August 10 to September 02, 2010

I bleeping loved this book. Evie, the main character was such a nice, sweet and believable character. She had been through so much but kept on dreaming. Her life is far from the normal teenage life she dreams of having, she wants proms, boyfriends, high school, etc. But instead she work's for the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency), helping bag and tag supernatural beings, using "Tasey", her custom made pink taser.
Having went through so much, being abandoned as a toddler and being put through the care system, she feels indebted to the IPCA for giving her a home. But have the got a hidden agenda...
Evie, loved being a girly girl, dressing up, shopping and makeup. Her best friend is a mermaid, who uses text speak to talk, which in turn bleeps out all swear words, and she had dated the odd fairy. Then she meets Lend, a shape shifter with a different. He's sweet and they become good friends, which develops a little further. I enjoyed the fact that the romance didn't take over this book, it was all about the action and finding out who the bad guys are. But the chemistry between there was clear. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.
The entire book kept you on the edge of your seat and left you wanting more and more.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the supernatural, paranormal genre.
I bleeping cannot wait for the next installment sequel, Supernaturally.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.