Konnie's Reviews > The Talent Code: Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About Anything

The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle

F_50x66
Aug 10, 10

Read in August, 2010

What a fascinating read! Daniel Coyle spent two years visiting talent "hotbeds," like Brazil with it's soccer factory, Russia's tennis training ground, and the Z-Boys in California. He studied the practicing, the coaches, and the environmental factors that contribute to these bundles of genius or greatness. He connects what he finds to the latest research and conclusions about how skills and talent grow at the brain level. His conclusions about growing talent are widely applicable, and the many anecdotes make the book a pleasure to read. What I found in the book makes me want to go learn a new language or instrument! My approach to helping my children practice new skills--even the way I compliment them for their effort is different now.

I highly recommend this book to everyone who has children, everyone actively learning new skills (certainly everyone in school), and everyone concerned about keeping previously developed skills. Maybe to anyone concerned about taking care of their brain. I wish someone would create a children's book using this information.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Talent Code.